The Sensible Sentencing Trust (SST) is a registered charitable trust but, unlike the SSGT, does not have donee status with the IRD because this trust unashamedly exists to advocate on behalf of the victims of serious violent and/or sexual crime and homicide in New Zealand, with a view to ensuring effective sentencing and penal policies that reduce re-offending and ultimately keep the public safe. All donations received by this trust assist our volunteers to travel to meet with politicians about the SST’s policy wishlist (such as bail and parole reform, Three Strikes and public Offender Databases – see more here), attend select committee sessions, educate our membership database regarding SST policies and activities, and run lobbying campaigns such as Christie’s Law.
- You are being asked to supply your contact information so we can:
- send you regular email updates informing you of relevant issues and events.
- Your details will be held securely in our database.
- Your details will not be shared with any other organisation without your permission.
- You can ask us to correct your details at any time, or to have them removed from our database
Our Credit Card Information Security Policy
We use the DPS Payment Express Payment Gateway for our online credit card