SST Goals and Policy.
More detailed policy statements on specific areas are as follows;
- Mental health review – Proven But Insane, as opposed to Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity.
- Remove parole periods – you should serve the entire judge given sentence before release with conditions.
- Judicial and lawyer accountability.
- Review of youth justice.
- Cumulative sentences – you should be sentenced for EVERY ‘Three Strikes’ crime you commit as opposed to the current scheme of concurrent sentencing ie: serving the time all at once.
- Abolish the right for offenders to have name suppression – suppression should only protect a VICTIM.
- Unedited victim impact statements – victims should be able to say what they wish.
- Legal aid and representation in court for the victims of crime.
- Victims have the right to seek compensation.
- Compulsory DNA on arrest for violent crime.
- Penalties for frivolous appeals.
- Increased sentences for offending against the more vulnerable.
- National online offender database.
For more information on our policies and research, select one of the links below:
SSGT Goals and Policy.
Sensible Sentencing Group Trust’s sole purpose is to educate both the public and victims of serious violent and/or sexual crime and homicide.
Our goals are to:
- educate victims to ensure they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements
- educate the public as to the plight of victims
- provide education for victims about relevant issues and available support
- assist victims of crime in time of trauma
- advise victims of crime about available protection
- provide social rehabilitation for victims